how to get null values to the target....

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to get null values to the target....

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

i have designed a job like ODBC enterprises as source and target... in between source and target one transformer for mapping... problem is NULL values from source are getting rejected in the transformer.. i wants to get it into the target... in the target i have defined all the columns as null able but still values are getting dropped...

please help me in this issue.....

thanks....
Kannan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any particular messages being logged by the job? How exactly are you doing your null handling?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

if the column value is NULL... its getting dropped... its going to reject link from the transformer.. i am not doing any null handling.... as of now i am using stage variable, constraint and sending to target.. but without that i wants to send to target....
Kannan
kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

my question is why the null values are getting dropped....? why its not going to target...??? any setting has to be done in transformer..?????
Kannan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please answer both of my questions. Are you using any constraints on your (non-reject) output links? Rows will 'reject' if they go down no other link or if there is a 'write failure'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers