Datastage Certification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeshkkorrapati.dwh
Participant

Datastage Certification

Post by rajeshkkorrapati.dwh »

Hi All,
I'm planning to give the Datatstage V8.0 Certification, Also i'm new to Datastage. So i need your help in finding the stuff for certification
Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh K.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm planning to give the Datatstage V8.0 Certification
I'm new to Datastage

Aren't those two statements mutually exclusive, at least at this point in time? That 'stuff' you need for certification is called experience by the way. As in actually using the tool for some period of time and then getting certified after you've become.... certifiable, so to speak. This rather than getting the certification answers online somewhere and showing up at a client site with your shiny new certification, knowing squat. :?

At least that's how it is supposed to work. Now, if your Huff is still in the garage, still reading this and your level of 'new-ness' includes some actual level of experience with the tool, then our very own Vincent McBurney has (amongst many other loverly things) a blog regarding certification here. A little old but still valid AFAIK.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

1.5 to 2 years experience is probably a must before you
give the certification exam. You need to be conversant with almost all stages and environment variables as well as all features of Director.
J.Calvo
Participant

Post by J.Calvo »

Yes, I ithink you should wait for a few years working with this tool,
I have been working with it almost five years and in this period I have configured completely and managed the servers, I have developed a lot of processes and a week ago I have been certified...

I think the exam is not complicated, but you need experience.
Best Regards,
Jorge Calvo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

See how you go with the ten question trial exam (on the IBM website).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mf_arts
Participant

Post by mf_arts »

Hi,

Perhaps the appropriate path is something like:
DataStage Training (IBM recommended) Development (at least 6months) Certification (prepare yourself before apply) and then with some knowlaedge you might do the exam easly.
Mario Fernandes

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less. - Nicholas Murray Butler
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

If you are asking for
cheat codes
- aka exam papers or material - I'm :( sorry I dont have them..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The other thing is that you have to pay to take the tests. So, if you're not properly prepared, you're wasting your money.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Before anyone else gets the brilliant idea to post links to their site where they sell the exam answers - I'm going to delete them as I did the two that just showed up. Pardon my French but we don't allow that kind of bullshit here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note also that these cheat sites are apparently not particularly reliable.