MD5 Encryption using Datastage 7.5

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wasimus
Participant

MD5 Encryption using Datastage 7.5

Post by wasimus »

Hello,

Has anyone used an MD5 encryption in the Datastage server routine or have done anything like this. Kindly share.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes! :D No can do. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm in the same boat as Craig. Yes, have written it, but no, cannot share. This is because the code was written at a client site while the client was paying for my time; thus the code doesn't belong to me any more. While not complicated, it is a bit of work to get functioning correctly

The Wiki article MD5 Encryption lists the basic algorithm quite well, and the web has several sources (in other languages) available. Visual BASIC is a good starting point for using sample code and changing it to DS/BASIC.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ArndW wrote:I'm in the same boat as Craig. Yes, have written it, but no, cannot share. This is because the code was written at a client site while the client was paying for my time; thus the code doesn't belong to me any more.
And just in case it wasn't obvious, yes this is exactly the same reason for my answers.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

You could use PERL, as this is probably available on your DS server.

Code: Select all

use strict;
use Digest::MD5  qw(md5_hex);
my $md5_data = "martin";
my $md5_hash = md5_hex( $md5_data );
print "$md5_hash\n";
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.