Check if a job has been compiled?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Check if a job has been compiled?

Post by PhilHibbs »

How can I tell that a job has been compiled since it was last altered? Can I access a timestamp on the executable somehow?
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
kbsuryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kbsuryadev »

How about checking in the Director.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

kbsuryadev wrote:How about checking in the Director.
Where does Director say when a job was compiled? If the last thing that happened to a job is that it was compiled, then the timestamp will be in the Started and On Date columns, but if it has been run, then this information is not displayed.

What I want to find is cases where a job has been altered, saved, and executed without having been compiled, and if Director will show me that it was compiled before the last saved time, then I don't know where it shows me that.

Update: I could check in the DSEXECJOB part of the .dsx and look for F31 where F1 = "JOB". Currently I stop analysing the .dsx when I get to the DSDATATYPES section, so it would slow down the analysis a lot to have to process the DSEXECJOB section.
Last edited by PhilHibbs on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In Version 7 you can still use the contents of the DS.AUDIT hashed file to get that information, as of version 8 that information is hidden in the bowels of XMETA.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not really. DS_AUDIT shows the date/time modified. Compiled does not count as modified. The Compiled status is recorded in the individual RT_STATUSnnn table for each separate job.

DS_AUDIT remains extant in version 8, but it seems that CLASS is no longer recorded correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.