Complex Flat File Issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neo637
Participant

Complex Flat File Issue

Post by neo637 »

Hello Guys,

I am working with complex flat file stages to read the EBCDIC files.

My intitial requirement was to convert this EBCDIC file to ASCII file to reach this i was reading the src data from CFF stage and directly mapping to Sequential file stage.Till this point it is working good.

Now my problem as per the change in the Requirement i am forced to use Transformer in doing so am facing some compilation issue as below.

When processing argument -inputschemaWhen processing schema: schema contains a field "X103_ALF_CDS" that is a subrec or tagged; only top-level fields are accepted.

Is this the problem with the mapping .Can some one help me in this.It is very urgent from my side.

Please do the needful.
Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Complex Flat File Issue

Post by ray.wurlod »

neo637 wrote:It is very urgent from my side.
Urgent queries should be directed to your official support provider and, if you need an urgent response, you probably need to sign up for priority service - where you will learn just how much "urgent" is worth.

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can. We don't do "urgent" and, indeed, sometimes some of us react to such demands by delaying a response.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

An exact search for "only top-level fields are accepted" found 7 other posts that mention that phrase.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers