Error while logging in Designer and administrator clients

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Harris
Participant

Error while logging in Designer and administrator clients

Post by Harris »

Hi,

I had installed DS client in windows and server in linux machine. I was able to open the browser for web console and created iisadmin user as administrator and gave him permissions to use DS components and assigned suite administrator and suite user roles. But while opening designer or administrator clients I am getting following error.
"Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected domain.Communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL.Make sure that any bootstrap information in URL is correct and that the target name server is running.A bootstrap address with no port information defaults to port 2809.Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you set up (a) authentication mode in WebSphere Application Server and (b) DataStage credentials in Web Console for Information Server?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Post by suneelchallagali »

me to got the same bootstrap error so i have set up the loaclmachine ip address or on the host file and save it. It has worked for me
Harris
Participant

Post by Harris »

I have added the Ip address of client machine in host file of server machine.But still it did not work.Also I am getting errors in starting Websphere administration server and opening browser for administrative console.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Post by suneelchallagali »

try by stop and start the agent i think it will work