Synchronization of Repositories

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

U
Participant

Synchronization of Repositories

Post by U »

Strange behaviour is occurring at my current site. I created a new job in Designer, making a total of six jobs in that particular folder.

Director shows only four jobs. Three of these are common to the six showing in Designer's Repository. There is no Filter engaged in Director (that is, the filter setting is "All Jobs").

I have run View > Refresh in Director and Repository > Refresh in Designer, to no avail. I do not have access to XMETA database.

The new job is one of those that does not appear in Director. The other job that is in Designer but not in Director is one that was attempted to be deleted, but the deletion failed. (I can not run DS.CHECKER yet because other developers are still working.) There is an entry in DS_JOBS and a full set of entries in DS_JOBOBJECTS for this job, which can be compiled and run successfully from Designer.

The job that appears in Director but not in Designer has a status of Aborted but a completely empty log file (it may be that one of the developers has run CLEAR.FILE on its log - I have yet to determine whether that is the case.

Is anyone aware of a tool that can check and/or re-synchronize the XMETA and local DataStage repository databases?

Thank you for your time.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I think you/sysadmin have deletes over.30 or data.30 files hence you are not seeing the job in the director. The problem now is that the one which is not present in director is visible in designeer but cannot be compiled

Regards
Sreeni
U
Participant

Post by U »

That is not correct. We take good care of our repositories, and all of the hashed files in it are intact (have DATA.30, OVER.30 and .Type30 files and can be reported from).

I am trying to find someone in the organization who has access to the XMETA repository, so that the can determine whether this rogue job is recorded there.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

What i am trying to say is that you can restore the XMETA to a previous day and it will work. :?

Regards
Sreeni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then why do you talk about DATA.30 and OVER.30? These simply do not exist in the XMETA database. As far as I can determine, U has one job in XMETA but not in DS_JOBS, and two jobs in DS_JOBS but not in XMETA. How this situation came to be I have no idea. Your suggestion of restoring XMETA would not work in the first case, since it would not update DS_JOBS.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Hi,

We are facing a similar situation in which a job is visible in designer and not visible in director. Please let me know what could be the possible solutions to this problem.

Would recycling the engine/WAS server help?