Job finish with DSJS.RUNWARN

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pqrabc
Participant

Job finish with DSJS.RUNWARN

Post by pqrabc »

The statua DSJS.RUNWARN is obtained when job finishes a normal run with warning.How can i achieve this.The job should not abort but finish with warning.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Maybe you need to rephrase your question and provide more details on what you are running and from which utility.
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

Hi,
if jobs are in job sequence in job activity stage we should set triggers for that. In triggers we should set expression type as custom and write expression call activityvarible jobstatus=runok(system varible) or jobstatus=runwarn(systemvarible). then the job wont abort and after finishing if u have any warning the result is finished with warnings.

Thanks
v..
kamalshil
Participant

Post by kamalshil »

vinsashi wrote:Hi,
if jobs are in job sequence in job activity stage we should set triggers for that. In triggers we should set expression type as custom and write expression call activityvarible jobstatus=runok(system varible) or jobstatus=runwarn(systemvarible). then the job wont abort and after finishing if u have any warning the result is finished with warnings.

Thanks
v..
Hi,
You can start new post for this.
or this is same question as you would be from same team.
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

i am giving idea for that one not same team
deb033
Participant

Re: Job finish with DSJS.RUNWARN

Post by deb033 »

Hi,

You can also achieve this by setting the trigger in that link as --
"Executed ok" OR "Execution finished with warnings".
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The "this" to achieve here has nothing to do with the original question, unfortunately, but rather from a misplaced bit of advice.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Job finish with DSJS.RUNWARN

Post by chulett »

pqrabc wrote:The status DSJS.RUNWARN is obtained when job finishes a normal run with warning. How can i achieve this. The job should not abort but finish with warning.
I'm afraid this doesn't make much sense yet. Once a job decides to abort there's no way to make it end with a different status. Are you asking about the warning limit you can set at runtime that says to abort the job after X warnings? That can be set to unlimited so what warnings don't cause aborts. Not a great idea but you can do it.

Actually, as requested can you clarify your question or situation please.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is only one way to prevent a job from aborting, and that is to design it so that it does not abort.

Some aborts (for example database unavailable) can not be designed around.

There is NO WAY to demote an abort message to a warning; indeed server jobs do not support message handlers at all.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.