TeraData Enterprise Stage Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

TeraData Enterprise Stage Error

Post by sridharvis »

Hi,

Guys, i am finding a bizzare error in prod. The error is when i load to a TeraData Enterprise stage. I am not able to identifty the reason for this behavior.

Error Message: -

"TeraUtils:DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 1, Code = 3706, Message = Syntax error: expected something between the beginning of the request and the end of the request."

To give a overview of job , the Job reads a seq file and perform sort + remove dups and join(target lookups) and load to 2 target tables. I exported the job from production and ran in development environment. I got the same error initially.

Then to trace if there are null or connectivity issues i validated the job. The validation was ok. I then ran again , i faced the same issue. Then the i changed the load from (append and delete ) to create and pointed to a wrk database, the job ran fine when i looked at the log i found no rejects or null in the output table.

So i again reverted back the changes to (append and delete in TeraE) and pointed to the staging db, the job ran fine. I repeated the the load by parameterizing the database and again pointed to stg database the job just ran fine without errors. The metadata of the target table are same across database.

If you want more details please let me know.

Note :- "Couple of Months back they migrated the Teradata from 7 to 12 "
not sure, if that could be the cause of the issue.