Regarding Reading chinese characters

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manojbh31
Premium Member
Premium Member

Regarding Reading chinese characters

Post by manojbh31 »

Hi,

I am using ODBC Enterprise stage to read the data from DB2 table and the datatype of the column is VARGRAPHIC and length in the table is 1024. Data is loading properly into the target table but i am getting following two warnings. When i import metadata the dataype in Datastage is NVARCHAR and used UNICODE and UTF-8.

I am not facing any problem while Loading the data into DB2 table.

ODBC_STG_COLLECTIONS_SRC: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "INVOICE_TEXT" to field "INVOICE_TEXT": Implicit conversion from source type "ustring[max=1024]"to result type "string".

ODBC_STG_COLLECTIONS_SRC: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "INVOICE_TEXT" to field "INVOICE_TEXT": Conversion from source type "string" to result type "ustring[max=1024]": Possible truncation of variable length string.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This has nothing whatever to do with your data containing Chinese characters.

These messages alert you to the fact that somewhere in your job design to a transition from a variable length ustring to a string, and another in the reverse direction. Track down where string is used in the metadata and change it to ustring[max=1024] so that it matches the actual data type throughout the job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.