install datastage v8 on virtual pc

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aggie99
Participant

install datastage v8 on virtual pc

Post by Aggie99 »

I have set up a virtual pc running WinXp. Now I want to install datastage 8 on it.

The issue I had was that after I inputed the license file, the next page was suppose to list all the products that I was licensed to install. But it became a blank page, so I couldn't see my selections. Anyone has similar experience and like to share how you resolved it.

thx,
aggie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DataStage 8 server or client?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Doesn't matter - it's all the same at this point.

What virtualization software are you using? It certainly works with VMWARE - all IBM education is delivered using VMWARE images.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Except for the fact that while the client is supported under XP, the server is not.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

...but will install, even though not supported.

I suspect the blank screen might be anti-virus software interfering with things - do you have anti-virus and firewall disabled while the installation is proceeding?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aggie99
Participant

Post by Aggie99 »

It is installation of all 3 tiers and client tools on a Virtual machine.

I am using Virtual PC 2007 (Microsoft).

Certainly I can check if there is any antivirus or firewall turn on, but dont' think so. I saw the screen where it said it was going to check the components after I put in the license file. The strange thing was that the next screen came back very quickly, and it was blank. As if it wasn't able to check and get a listing? When I installed it on a physical machine before, the listing came back, and the check took sometime to process. So I knew it wasn't my install.exe or license issue.

Still need some help.