DSExport to export selective jobs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSExport to export selective jobs

Post by sridharvis »

Hi,

This is the first time i am trying to execute the dsexport command. I was figuring out, is thery any way i could export only 4 jobs/sequencers under the same dsx name ?

I used the below command as mentioned in Manager Guide

dsexport.exe /H hostname /U username /P password /O omitflag project
pathname1
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't think that the command-line option has an "append" switch so it might be better to just create 4 files and then "cat" them together.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

DSExport in 8.0 gives an option to append to an existing file. Don't remember much about 7.x at the moment. If its not available serarh for perl scripts to concatanate/split the DSX to get what you want.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the option at version 8, priyadarshikunal, if you post that the original poster might try to see if it works at 7
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

generally for this requirement, i will write a bat file, which will export each job in a different dsx file and finnally append all the dsx files to one.

Code: Select all

For /F "tokens=1" %%i in (C:\export\DsxList.txt) do (

C:\Progra~1\Ascential\DataStage7.5\dsexport /H=AnandLocal /U=Administrator /P=****** /JOB=%%i PRJ_TRAINING  c:\export\aa.dsx

type C:\export\aa.dsx >> C:\export\dsfinal.dsx

)
Here "C:\export\DsxList.txt" will contain all the jobnames which has to be exported, and each job will be exported to aa.dsx individually and finally it will be appended to dsfinal.dsx.