Sequential file stage - mass change to incomplete column?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sbass1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequential file stage - mass change to incomplete column?

Post by sbass1 »

Hi,

In my sequential file stage with 120 columns, how do I globally change "Incomplete Column" from "Error" to "Replace + Warn", rather than the oh-so-painful one column at a time?

Thanks...

P.S.: My first change was from "Error" to "Retain", then I got the error message "...cannot retain incomplete columns as it is a delimited file".

So, this change is doubly painful :evil: Couldn't DS have warned me on the first column rather than after changing 120 columns? Grrr...
Some people are the Michael Jordan's of Datastage. I'm more like Muggsy Bogues :-)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There isn't a way that I know of, except perhaps to export / edit / import the dsx. I think I just got really good at the R-R-Enter-DownArrow key sequence. :wink:

ps. I prefer just 'Replace' without the pesky warning unless you really need to know that field is missing and possibly abort the job if enough occur.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm with Craig - I don't know a mass-change technique. I usually work from the bottom up (therefore up-arrow).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sbass1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sbass1 »

Okie-doke, thanks...
Some people are the Michael Jordan's of Datastage. I'm more like Muggsy Bogues :-)