Remove duplicate job from the dsx

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Remove duplicate job from the dsx

Post by sridharvis »

Hi,

I was trying to migrate few jobs and sequencers from development to testing environment from Manager. There are around 10 jobs + 7 sequencers, i imported a job twice (Append Mode) by mistake.

Is there any way i could remove the duplicate job ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, you can manually edit the DSX file and remove lines from BEGIN JOB through END JOB.

But you don't really need to. The importer will handle the duplicates OK.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The only way you can get a duplicate in a DSX is to append jobs to it. How did you create your export?

In a normal export there is the design and the compiled version of a job. So it may look like it is importing the job twice but it is not really. If you export only designs and compile then you do not need to export the binary compiled versions of your jobs. This makes your DSX files lots smaller.
Mamu Kim
sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Remove duplicate job from the dsx

Post by sridharvis »

thanks ray and kim,

kim: you were right, i actually appended the jobs + sequencers.

while importing the jobs+sequencers duplicate error was not raised, the only thing that kept me irking was when i actually did the import selected jobs,it showed me there were duplicate jobs present, while importing everything went fine and the sequence + jobs executed successfully.

thanks for the help.