sybase EE abort

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yulangok
Participant

sybase EE abort

Post by yulangok »

hi, how are you every one?
I develop a job which is extracting data from sybase database by sybase EE. I have two login users, and both of them can login in throgh sybase client. When I run the job, it finishes successfully using one user but abortes using another user. The messiage is "The parallel job encounter failed(code 255)". Can any boy give me advace? It is best you can tell me the requirement for using sybase EE.
Best regard!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There will be more error message that are more helpful than the one you posted. Do you mean a different DataStage userid or a different Database userid?
yulangok
Participant

Post by yulangok »

To ArndW :
Sir, in fact , there is no more helpful massage reported. I mean I use a different Database userid. And I judge that probably becase the difference privilege between the two Database userid, but I don't know the specificful requirement of a Database userid to use sybase EE.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The userid question must be answered by your Sybase admin, most likely the GRANTs are insufficient. DataStage has no requirements - just that the ID you specify has sufficient access to perform the action required.