How to report on all jobs that use a column

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

How to report on all jobs that use a column

Post by vmcburney »

We are on DataStage 8.1 - we need to change a column, we want to list all jobs that use that column.
- The DataStage Designer search function returns all jobs that use that column but does not have any way to copy, report or export that job list.
- The Metadata Workbench can search for that column but returns column names and not job names.
We don't seem to have any way in version 8.1 to do a simple column impact analysis that can be put into a report and printed off.
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to report on all jobs that use a column

Post by sanjay »

Hi

Datastage doesn't have the feature . I was working BO dataintegrator need just put column name it will return all the jobs which uses that columns name . metadata management is excellent in BO dataintegrator

Thanks
Sanjay
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi Vincent ,
I think you have mentioned in one of your posts that 8.1 version has a impact analysis based on a parameter name also .i am just curious to know if will change the parameter ( say in parameter set ) will it get reflected in all the jobs using it ?
Nag
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Column based impact analysis is in a future version (8.2?). It was demonstrated at IOD 2008.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Dear All,

Same client requirement in our project also. can anybody let me know that ,how to achieve the above requirement using XMETA queries.

Kindly reply.

Thanks .
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use the query functionality in Metadata Workbench.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.