Can't save a package with the Information Server Manager

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can't save a package with the Information Server Manager

Post by asaf_arbely »

Hi,

I am doing my first practical steps with the Information Server Manager (post manual reading).

For some reason, I keep failing when trying to create a folder or save a newly created package (same behaviour on WIN2003 and AIX):

1) When I try to create a folder (right-mouse-click on Packages, new... -> folder) I get an error message with a java exception: com.ascential.xmeta.exception.data.UniqueConstraintViolationException: A unique constraint violation occured on the object with RID "3b37fb44.7dc2088e.1aa71772.082a7d08-d0c5-45a8.89dc.5c2d955cdcd4" of type "Folder" from the package "http:///0.0.1/DeploymentModel.ecore"

2) When I try to save a new package for the first time I click the save button, a dialog ("Save As") opens and asks for the Package name. I type "NewPackage" and click save.
I get a dialog says "NewPackage already exists. Do you want to replace it?". When I click OK I get an error message "Package NewPackage does not exist"

Any Idea?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like something out-of-sync between the XMETA repository and reality. From what we've seen for things like this, best to get help from your official support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

Guess you are right...

It is the "two separate installations behave the same" that gave me the hope of a known "feature" that can be fixed using a simple hack...

Thanks anyway.

I'll update as soon as I receive an answer from IBM support.

Asaf
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

Well - it is a known problem that was resolved using a patch - JR31444.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks for coming back and posting that, especially the specific patch number.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers