DataStage Job Reporting

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccotton
Participant

DataStage Job Reporting

Post by ccotton »

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a solution to a problem I'm having. I have a server job that I want to load the statistics for into a table in one of our databases. For example, I want to load the data similar to the way it's laid out in the XML output in DSMakeJobReport. I want it to create a record for each stage in the job. For example, i have a simple job containing a Sequential File Stage, Transformer, and teradata API. What I would expect to return would be something like job name,Sequential file stage name, link name,number of rows processed over link (if multiple links then multiple records). Then I would like the same general information for the transformer. Finally for the teradata api, i would like to have the jobname,stagename,link name(s), records processed, and how many were updates/deletes/inserts. I know there must be a tool out there that does this. I have done other things but this one I need to be dynamic for multiple jobs. I could do it for each job individually, but i don't have the time to make the changes to over 3,000 jobs. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
vinnz
Participant

Post by vinnz »

You could try the very useful ETLStats package from Kim Duke's website (http://www.duke-consulting.com/) and possibly customize it to your needs.

HTH
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The Designer will create a nice html doc with picture of the job. There is a bat file which will do the whole project on my tips and tricks page.
Mamu Kim