Web Services info

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mister_chju
Participant

Web Services info

Post by mister_chju »

Hello, Guys! Does anybody have any info about Web Services in DataStage 7.5? I would like to convince my boss that this is good solution for solving some tasks in our projects. I tried to find any info here, but found a lot of untied information and come to the dead-end ))). IBM site wasn't help too. If anybody have official pdf file with description of Web Services, please, to share a crust of bread with me )))
Thanks in advice.
reverse-engineering. Not successfully lost the past.
sima79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sima79 »

There are two types of web services in DataStage. Which one are you referring to?
1. Web Services Pack - allows you to call web services with your DataStage job flow
2. Real time integration - allows you to expose DataStage jobs as a web service
mister_chju
Participant

Post by mister_chju »

We have installed RTI pack, but in documentation which we got with installation pack of DS i couldn't found anything, just short description of this two stages.
I think the best way to use Web Services Pack. I want to convince my boss that is necessary to by it. Therefore I would like to read all about RTI and WSP.
If you know some net recourse, please, send a link or any info about RTI and WSP. Many thanks in advice.
sima79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sima79 »

There should be two extra pdf documents. A user guide and an admin guide. These should be on the client computer where you installed the RTI console.

There is a brief example on using these stage in the following developerworks article: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/libra ... datastage/
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...it's also worth noting that while you need to have a license for RTI, you don't need a special license for WSPack...it is "in the box." Depending on your release, you may have to separately install it, but it is available free of charge if it isn't already "there".

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
mister_chju
Participant

Post by mister_chju »

Many thanks for help. ))))