how to pass the start timestamp of one job to another job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mourya33
Participant

how to pass the start timestamp of one job to another job

Post by mourya33 »

we have a requirement of capturing the Start Timestamp of a job and pass it to a shared container after the target table is loaded, as the target stage is not supporting output (stream links), we have split the job into two. Now , we want to pass the Start Timestamp of Job 1 to the Job 2. Any pointers on how to achieve this?

This is urgent. Please respond.

Thanks in advance
Mourya
deepak.hsbc
Participant

DSJobStartTimestamp

Post by deepak.hsbc »

I had a simillar scenerio in datastage v7.5.2 and i did following -

.Used a transformer macro DSJobStartTimestamp and write this value to a seq file having only column JobTS(timestamp 10).

- Then used this file in another Job and pulled the value for further use.

This approach may help you in DS v8 as well !!

Thanks
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why is it urgent? Why didn't you ask a week earlier? Why is it urgent on a Friday night?

We don't do "urgent". DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose participants post as and when they can, usually only if they have something useful to contribute.

If you want urgent assistance sign up with your support provider for premium support, and learn the true cost of "urgent".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sbass1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sbass1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Why is it urgent? Why didn't you ask a week earlier? Why is it urgent on a Friday night?

We don't do "urgent". DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose participants post as and when they can, usually only if they have something useful to contribute.

If you want urgent assistance sign up with your support provider for premium support, and learn the true cost of "urgent".
:lol: :lol: :lol: x 100

I second that reply.
Pagadrai
Participant

Re: how to pass the start timestamp of one job to another jo

Post by Pagadrai »

Hi,
Have you got this issue resolved ?
Once the job1 finishes, you can use a routine to capture the start timestamp. this routine's return value can be passed onto the next job.

let us know for more details.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And let us know, purely out of curiosity, whether it's still urgent a week later.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.