Training question

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

josh.guffey
Participant

Training question

Post by josh.guffey »

Our company is currently in the need of formal training for Information Analyzer, Quality Stage (Essentials and Advanced), Business Glossary (Set up and usage) and MetaData Workbench. We have currently enrolled some of our folks in two of IBMs classes, but they were subsequently cancelled due to low enrollment. We have received quotes to have IBM personnel come to our site and teach the classes here, but it is not really cost-effective to do so. Does anyone know if there are any consulting firms that offer training on the above products? We are located in the Southeastern US, but are willing to send our folks anywhere in the continental 48 to receive the training. Thanks for reading this and all comments are much appreciated.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray Wurlod does training. Contact him. Not sure if he can train on all these products. IBM also has CBT courses. I would hire one consultant to mentor your people on the first project.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't do those products except as a contractor to IBM. Have not developed my own curriculum for these.

Also kinda booked out through October 2010.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Josh,

I've successfully resolved this in the past by combining students from several companies in the area that would like to receive the training. This allows you to make an on-site course affordable by splitting the costs up among several customers. IBM doesn't care as long as your facility meets their requirements (lately that means BIG systems that can run VMWare images).

If you are close to Atlanta, you can probably organize a course at the IBM training center there as well - which resolves the hardware issue.

I'd recommend contacting your local user group (or your IBM salesperson if there isn't a local group) and get a list of local DataStage users you can call to see if there is mutual interest in some classes. It takes a bit of effort, but it is one way to insure you can get the classes without cancellation.

Good luck!
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020