Initial Login to Web Console

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aggie99
Participant

Initial Login to Web Console

Post by Aggie99 »

Can someone help?

I recently installed Datastage v8 on my xp machine (running the install.exe file that come from IBM). The post installation window said everything was alright.

Next, I try to add user and projects. My problem goes to initially login to Web Console. I don't know what would be the ID/PWD or host name to enter the login window. Did I miss something during installation? And how do I initially login to the system to create project, create user, assign role etc.

thanks for your advise to get me started.
sima79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sima79 »

The installation tool will prompt you to enter the username and password for each of the domain and repository layers. I am assuming here that you have just installed the server components. The installation manual on page 31-32 gives you a sample list of these users for each layer. To login initially into the web console you will need the information server administrator username and password.
Aggie99
Participant

Post by Aggie99 »

The installation tool will prompt you to enter the username and password for each of the domain and repository layers.

I expect the prompt too. But I didn't see one. Is it possible I only install the client side, but not the server side? how many install.exe do I need to run.

thanks for your inputs...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Had you set up the user (perhaps isadmin) as a valid Windows user before performing the installation? That is what I did, and I have a successul installation on Windows XP.

The number of times you need to run install.exe depends on which options you elect to install - if you elect to install everything then you should only need to run install.exe once. That was what I did.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aggie99
Participant

Post by Aggie99 »

I found out what I did wrong. Apparently the install.exe I had was for CLIENT side only.

I went to IBM site and downloaded the server package, I got the v8.1 version for window. So I went through the journey again. This time I got all the ID/PWD set up screens.

But, the installation failed because it couldn't setup the metadata.... then it reverted back and got out.

I am using a XP. Anyone have any idea?

thx again.
Aggie99
Participant

Post by Aggie99 »

hi ray,

what steps did you take to install information server and datastage v8 on your XP. I still couldn't pass the point where it tried to setup the metadata repository. It kept failing the metadata repository.

I chose new installation and let the install.exe ran. It failed and stopped. I am running out of idea as to where to look.

pls help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I set up some Windows users, among them isadmin, dsadmin, wasadmin.

I chose new installation and let the install.exe run, responding where required with input. It ran successfully.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aggie99
Participant

Post by Aggie99 »

hi ray, I did the same too.

I added the set of users on win xp. Do they all need to have administrator role. by the way, I hae service pack 3 win xp, does it matter?

did your install.exe install DB2 metadata for you as well?

thx. I am going to try again tonight.