Parameter set params fail

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Parameter set params fail

Post by RodBarnes »

I've been testing my install of 8.0.1. My job works fine when I select the env variables and put them directly in the job parameter list via the [Add Environment Variable..] button. Using a parameter set doesn't work.

I created a new parameter set and put those exact same env parameters in it -- again using the [Add Environment Variable...] button. I then removed the env vars I put into the job parameter list and selected the parameter set via [Add Parameter Set...]. The job fails everytime stating a connection issue. I've tried running with the compiled values as well as manually entering the values at runtime. It fails no matter what.

Anyone else experience this? I did try searching for something on this but couldnt' seem to find anything relevant. Thought I'd go to the experts before I try wading through the IBM morass. :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have successfully used environment variable parameter set parameters. That is, I have been there but not seen the problem that you are reporting.

However, I am using these parameters in a job in a location that is not a connection to a database (and obviously is not in a Connector). That may be a difference - you report a "connection issue". Can you trace the connection attempt (e.g. with an ODBC trace if you're using ODBC)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

The issue was operator malfunction. :( I didn't realize the need to prefix variables with the name of the parameter set -- which I would've seen if I'd been starting with a new job and adding the parameters from the selection. It was only because I was still trying to use the old parameter names that it failed.