issue in ETL (Datastage V .8.0.1) regarding SFTP of a file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

killerjean84
Participant

issue in ETL (Datastage V .8.0.1) regarding SFTP of a file

Post by killerjean84 »

we are facing a issue in ETL (Datastage V .8.0.1) regarding SFTP of a file i.e uploading and downloading a file from the client server which uses SFTP,

we tried running this job through a command stage with the help of a putty Application in server editiion but its failing,

we also tried running thru FTP plugin stage in parrallel edition we are unable to achieve this,

Is there any other way this can be achieved please let me know
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Secure FTP is still a feature that is coming, from what I recall, so your only option is to build a script to leverage it. If this is really a TX product question, you'd be better off posting over in the dedicated TX forum, which is where those experts hang out. For all I know, the former Mercator product already supports SFTP. :?

Whenever you go after this (new post or reply here) it would help to expand on your issues. Simply saying that "it doesn't work" doesn't give anyone much to go on, help-wise.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tjr
Participant

Re: issue in ETL (Datastage V .8.0.1) regarding SFTP of a fi

Post by tjr »

SFTP is available in DS 8.0.1. What is the error you are getting?
kamesh_sk
Participant

Re: issue in ETL (Datastage V .8.0.1) regarding SFTP of a fi

Post by kamesh_sk »

First verify if FTP and SFTP are enabled in your machine.
To test this login in some other machine and in the cmd mode type ftp and your server ip.
if it asks for a user name and password then ftp is anabled, it if says connection denied then you must eanable your FTP ports 21 and 22 in your server.To enable that you need to have the OS cd also along with you, or ask your system admin to enable it