Sequential File and Transformation Stage locks up designer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wong_ricky
Participant

Sequential File and Transformation Stage locks up designer

Post by wong_ricky »

When I right click and select properties on a sequential file or transformer stage(any job, any project) or double click any sequential file stage, datastage designer locks up. I have to kill it windows task mgr. I have uninstalled the datastage 7.5 client and reinstalled in Window XP machine, but problem persists. Could a dll be corrupted?

Any help would be appreciated.
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Sorry, I've never see this problem.

I would suspect the PATH more than a corrupt DLL. Especially if you've re-installed the DataStage client. Did you also install the XP patch? The symptoms when it's missing are different, but you never know.

Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I too would suspect that you have not installed the DataStage patch required for successful operation under XP sp2.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pingu
Participant

Post by pingu »

I had a problem opening jobs in a sequence, problem was resolved by installing datastage windows XP SP2 Patch, you can find it on Ibm's website, give it a try.