pl_id is already kept

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhasannew
Participant

pl_id is already kept

Post by bhasannew »

Hi,

i got an error "pl_id is already kept" while executing a ds job. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

cheers,
bhasan

*Note* Subject changed to be more descriptive - Content Editor
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

My guess (since you did not provide any information about your job design) is that you have a Modify stage in which both of the following are true.
(1) Field pl_id appears in a KEEP specification or does not appear in a DROP specification.
(2) There is a specification that derives a value for field pl_id.

You can't have both.

In future can you please try to devise a subject that more accurately describes the actual problem? This will assist future searchers. For example this thread could have had a subject like "... is already kept".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bhasannew
Participant

Re: pl_id is already kept

Post by bhasannew »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Actually the job is designed to implement SCD type2 (using flag y/n), in that i had used the Oracle stage where i was allowed to upsert(insert as well as update). In that i used the same id for refering the rows. I guess i got that error in that place. Can you please help me out in this error. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bhasan.
Katie09
Participant

Post by Katie09 »

Can you give more details what the job design ..kind of input you are using and also paste the exact error message..