DatStage showing DSCAPIOP_OraDB Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Parameter not resolvable" probably means that you have used parameters for these three properties but, for whatever reason, the values supplied for the parameters (check in the job log) could not resolve into anything that the Oracle connection could use.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
enigmatic28
Participant

Post by enigmatic28 »

I checked all the logs of the job and did not found the DSCAPIOP_* parameters.

Just last questions before i mark this thread as resolved, can this kind of problem originate if the job was created using 7.5 rather than 7.5x2, and what is the difference using the compiler of 7.5 against 7.5x2?

thank you very much...
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Drop the DSCAPIOP_ part. Are the parameters $ORADB, $OraDBUserID
and $OraDBPswd defined in the job and as Project level env variables in the 7.5.2 project?
enigmatic28
Participant

Post by enigmatic28 »

Are the parameters $ORADB, $OraDBUserID
and $OraDBPswd defined in the job and as Project level env variables in the 7.5.2 project?
yes they are...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Parameter not resolvable" probably means that you have used parameters for these three properties (ignoring the DSCAPIOP_ part of the name) but, for whatever reason, the values supplied for the parameters (check in the job log) could not resolve into anything that the Oracle connection could use.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

If this is a parallel job and it calls a shared container, it may be a compiler bug. There is an APAR # JR29478 that resolves a very similar error message where "DSCAPIOP_ " appears as part of the param name.