When using Job Compile in Designer I do not see error box

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hcsccedi
Premium Member
Premium Member

When using Job Compile in Designer I do not see error box

Post by hcsccedi »

When I try to compile a job in Designer, I do not get the box that tells you the error.

The one that says Compilation Status.

Anyone else can open the jobs and get the error box when they compile.

I've even tried to uninstall and reintall. I'm sure it's a setting but I can't figure out which one it is.

Please help.
HCSC CEDI Admin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, what do you get when you attempt to compile a job? What exactly happens? Usually, not getting the 'error box' is a good thing. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hcsccedi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hcsccedi »

Well it is really the compile Status box I'm not getting.

Usually you get the box regardless, it either has an error or it says compile complete.

When I compile I get nothing, I have to go to Director to see the status of the compile.

If I want to see what the error is, I have to close the job and open up Multiple Job Compile and from there I can see the error after the compile is finished in the log of the Multiple Job Compile.
HCSC CEDI Admin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't recall hearing of that problem before. When you did the uninstall/reinstall of the client, how did you go about that? If you didn't do all of the steps mentioned here I'd suggest you try that again, and if it still doesn't work open a case with your official support provider.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does it simply not get focus? Minimize all other windows (including Designer) to see whether this is the case.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hcsccedi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hcsccedi »

I thought maybe it was the precision also but no matter how I minimized or moved my windows around I never saw the box.

I followed the uninstall instructions above including the registry cleaning and it appears to have resolved the issue after it was reinstalled.

Thanks for you help.
HCSC CEDI Admin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then please mark the post as Resolved using the button at the top of the screen.
-craig