External filter stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sgiri1
Participant

External filter stage

Post by Sgiri1 »

how can i pass inputs to my job by calling a perl script in external filter stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can't. An External Filter stage requires both an input and an output link.

Try thinking about other stage types, perhaps an External Source stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sgiri1
Participant

Post by Sgiri1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:You can't. An External Filter stage requires both an input and an output link.

Try thinking about other stage types, perhaps an External Source stage. ...
I have to filter the regular expressions using an external filter stage, and get the o/p in a sequential file stage. what type of script should i use to filter the regular expression from my i/p data and get the o/p in a sequential file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You confused me with "inputs to my job". Yes you can use an External Filter stage for this, or you can (if the source is a file) use the Filter command property of the Sequential File stage that reads the file, in which case stdout of the Filter command is read by the Sequential File stage rather than the file itself.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.