Cannot install DataStage 8.0.1 client on the same PC as 8.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cppwiz
Participant

Cannot install DataStage 8.0.1 client on the same PC as 8.1

Post by cppwiz »

There is no Multi-Client option for switching between v8.1 and v8.01? Apparently, you can switch between v8.1 and older versions like 7.5.2 but not version 8.01. We were on v8.01 and now that I have upgraded my client to v8.1 in order to connect to our v8.1 test system, I can no longer connect to our existing v8.01 production system.

There is one small line in the Migrating to IBM Information Server Version 8 documentation (page 14) that states:
"You cannot install WebSphere DataStage 8.0.1 on the same computer as WebSphere DataStage 8.1." I thought that was just for the server as this line is under the heading "Multiple server method". How am I supposed to test the upgrade in development while also keeping production running? Install a virtual PC just to switch clients? Tell me it ain't so...
cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

Nobody else is upgrading from v8.01 to v8.1 yet? Anyone have a solution?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I guess not... or at least not with both clients on the same pc. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Cannot install DataStage 8.0.1 client on the same PC as

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

Hi,

We'v just installed DataStage client 8.1 on a machine running 8.0.1 client.
It did install the Multi-Client and we are able to switch between v8.1 and v8.01.
We didn't meet an pb during the install of this DS Client. I mean we just run a default installation.

Hope this could help.

Rgds

Fredj

cppwiz wrote:There is no Multi-Client option for switching between v8.1 and v8.01? Apparently, you can switch between v8.1 and older versions like 7.5.2 but not version 8.01. We were on v8.01 and now that I have upgraded my client to v8.1 in order to connect to our v8.1 test system, I can no longer connect to our existing v8.01 production system.

There is one small line in the Migrating to IBM Information Server Version 8 documentation (page 14) that states:
"You cannot install WebSphere DataStage 8.0.1 on the same computer as WebSphere DataStage 8.1." I thought that was just for the server as this line is under the heading "Multiple server method". How am I supposed to test the upgrade in development while also keeping production running? Install a virtual PC just to switch clients? Tell me it ain't so...