nyyble

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

consulting
Participant

nyyble

Post by consulting »

Im my job I am doing calculation for 3months,6Months and 12Months
upto 3Months the calculation i writtten in transformer is working good if i go to 6month job got abort and throwin the error

The calculation i am doing is (a1+a2+a3+a4+a5+a6)<0 then '-9'
else if (a1+a2+a3+a4+a5+a6)=0 then '-8'
else
((b1+b2+b3+b4+b5+b6)/(a1+a2+a3+a4+a5+a6))*100

1)operator logic failed
2)APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::asDFloat: invalid representation in the decimal; the leading nybble must be zero with odd precision.
Last edited by consulting on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
balaji
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One obvious answer is to do "it" in a stage variable then. Or post "it" so we have some idea what your "calculation" is. Include the datatypes involved when you do.

[OT] Nybble, eh? Had to google up this spelling, one I hadn't seen before, but still a "nibble" or four bits / half of an 8-bit byte. And with "byte" being a pun on the word "bite", so "nibble" follows as a "small bite".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibble
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First, disable operator combination intelligently so that the stage that is generating the error can be known.

Second, read the message carefully. It relates to how the decimal number is stored in binary form, and suggests that what you've read is not truly a decimal number (in binary form) - it may, for example, be a string representation of a decimal number, which is definitely not the same thing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.