Premium Membership

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hexa
Participant

Premium Membership

Post by hexa »

I paid premium member ship amount 90$. Till now I have not received any mail or confirmation from dsxchange..Pls. can any one tell me how to procced in this..

Regardes
Hexa
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Use the Contact link at the top of the screen to send an email to the (as noted) Membership Director for problems of this nature.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sribuz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Is premium content marked replies really premium content.

Post by sribuz »

I have a question related to premium content and donot want to start a new thread for this...

1) I have a premium account, I see the premium content marked on the side of the replies and I think few of those replies can be seen as a participant. I mean not all premium content marked replies are not really premium content.
eg: In some thread I saw only one gold button(representing premium content) and when I got my premium account i see two replies marked as premium content.

2) Who can mark reply as premium content ? Is it manual or automated ?
Thanks & Regards,
Sri
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

1) I'm assuming a new reply was added in between the times you checked.

2) Only the Premium Posters can mark content as Premium Content. There are what five (six?) of us now and it is at our discretion as to which posts get marked which way. For example, I decided to not mark this one as "PC" so everyone can see the explaination.

Sometimes people think that purchasing a Premium Membership means they can start making Premium Content posts, and that's not the case. What it means is you can read the full content of the Premium posts that folks like our illustrious Ray Wurlod and others make.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sribuz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sribuz »

Thanks Craig,

[b]My second question was to only to know more about first question.[/b]

And the thread I was looking was marked resolved and I doubt that new reply was added in between the the times I checked.

I totally agree that premium account is only meant for viewing premium content and not for posting premium content. Buying Premium membership doesn't make member a Premium Poster it just makes him a Premium Member :lol:

(Buying a NIKON doesn't make good photographer it just makes you a owner of NIKON Camera :) )
Thanks & Regards,
Sri