Director and Manager not opening

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvg
Participant

Post by sridharvg »

I am not able to open DS Director and Manager, going into not responding state. Designer and Administrator are opening. I have restarted my machine many times and also installed the software 3 to 5 times. Please provide me the solution.

Thanks in Advance,
Sridhar.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Anyone else having this problem or just you? When you installed the software, did you completely uninstall it first? Meaning removing file directories and all Ascential registry keys as well?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sridharvg
Participant

Post by sridharvg »

Thanks a lot for your immediate response.
Only I am getting the problem. Other people in my team are using same software and the same license. I have completely reinstalled the software and also removed all the directories and removed the registry by running regedit.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... if you've done the complete uninstall/reinstall and it hasn't helped, then I don't know what else to advise. Suggest you open a ticket with your official support provider, see if they can figure out what's different about your PC.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Another thought - anything different about your PC that you know of? Can you try the uninstall/reinstall with your Anti-Virus software turned off?
-craig

mr_crowley
Participant

Post by mr_crowley »

Try uninstalling your antivirus.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... or at least disabling your antivirus AND FIREWALL (or opening the ports that the product uses, primarily 31538).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.