How to clear hash file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathishmca
Participant

How to clear hash file

Post by sathishmca »

Hi all,

Can any one tell me how to clear hash file without going for job ?
Any possibilities to clear from UNIX environment?
Sathish Bhojan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From the Administrator or TCL prompt: CLEAR.FILE HashedFileName works for an account based hashed file. Pathed file? Delete it from the O/S.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sathishmca
Participant

Post by sathishmca »

chulett wrote:From the Administrator or TCL prompt: CLEAR.FILE HashedFileName works for an account based hashed file. Pathed file? Delete it from the O/S. ...
All the job log stored in hash file with the name of RT_LOGxxx in project dir.I need to clear the logs.Is there any option for the same?
Sathish Bhojan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Use the Director. Make sure your Auto Purge setting are effective. Lastly, that same CLEAR.FILE command can be used, but you'll need to reestablish the Auto Purge settings afterwards.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

sathishmca wrote:All the job log stored in hash file with the name of RT_LOGxxx in project dir.I need to clear the logs.Is there any option for the same?
As posted in your other thread the answer is no. You can use CLEAR.FILE on the job logs from the TCL prompt (which is NOT the operating system) with the caveats that Craig has mentioned regarding auto-purge settings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.