(40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime err

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sarasswathi
Participant

(40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime err

Post by sarasswathi »

Hi,

Am getting teh following error messge whenver i click any stages in the job..

(40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occured within the ole itself. (40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occured within the ole itself.

Plesae help me out on this problem..
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Has this suddenly started happening on your workstation and things were working before? If so, perhaps your PC has been automatically updated by system software and libraries have been overwritten. Try re-installing the clients - assuming you've already re-booted and seen if the problem still occurs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome. A Search for 40503 yielded 21 hits (including this thread). Is there anything in any of those that matches your situation?

The OLE server in this case is highly likely to be dsobjects.dll or one of the OLE servers that it in turn invokes. Therefore Arnd's comments are pertinent.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sarasswathi
Participant

Post by sarasswathi »

Thanks for your suggestions.. It has got resolved now..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Therefore please (a) mark the thread as Resolved (green button at top) and (b) add a post indicating HOW it was resolved, to aid future searchers.
Thank you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

People who fix a problem by themselves and then fail to tell the community how they fixed it do not understand the concept behind community at all. There should be some way to ex-communicate them ... :-)
vishal