RTI server getting down again and again

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kshitij Rawat
Participant

RTI server getting down again and again

Post by Kshitij Rawat »

Here is the log we are getting for the RTI issue.

WST_GetCustomsClass,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: <ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<faultcode>RTIException</faultcode>
<faultstring>java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is:
javax.ejb.EJBException: Exception trying to invoke operation get_customs_class: No handlers are available to process this request.</faultstring>
<detail/>
</ns1:Fault>
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.OperationCall.handleRemoteException(OperationCall.java:369)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.OperationCall.invoke(OperationCall.java:274)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callServiceInternal(WebService.java:1659)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1566)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1519)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wspack.Transformer.process(Transformer.java:102)
at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runStage(StageFactory.java:544)
at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runTransformer(StageFactory.java:361)

We have to restart the web service and RTI server to run properly the datastage job. We have to resrt the server and services too many times in a day.
Please give the solution as soon as possible.
ETL DEVELOPER

Watch The Time Cycle, You Will Have All Answers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do "as soon as possible". That's what your support provider is for, particularly if you sign up for premier service (at vast expense).

DSXchange is an all-volunteer forum, whose members post as and when they can, and then only if they have a question to ask or something to contribute.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It would also help if you posted this in the dedicated RTI forum. Also, try searching for "No handlers are available to process this request" in the forums.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

in the meantime, NO HANDLER available is a very generic error.... the Service(s) died [all the jobs failed], the RTIAgent had a problem, the queues were filled with so much traffic that the request(s) timed out......could be a LOT of things. Let's indeed move this over to the RTI forum and please add some more detail......

...how many instances do you have running (assuming this is a job with RTIinput Stage)? ...how much traffic? (10's of clients? 100's? how many requests per minute, or per second, etc.)..... what is the job doing? Do you see anything in the DS Log......(you won't always, but if the job actually blew up for some reason, you'd get this error then also).......

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Kshitij Rawat
Participant

Post by Kshitij Rawat »

Correct, but whatever the log I had I posted here. More I can tell that is 2 or 3 instance are running. This job extracting the data and converting in the XML format. Traffic is not that much.

I checked the log each and every time but there is nothing special in that.

Actually I do not have the enough knowledge of RTI and web services also. I want to go in the depth. Can I get some material for this?

It will help alot.
Thanks.
ETL DEVELOPER

Watch The Time Cycle, You Will Have All Answers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM has (had?) a class (code DX506) called RTI/Web Services.

Might be worth trying to track that down.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It comes with rather heftly pdf documentation - both a Admin Guide and a User Guide. It would behoove you to check both of them out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Hemant_Kulkarni
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Hemant_Kulkarni »

How are you restarting your service ? From telnet window ??

Check if the connections are dying as soon as the Telnet session expires.

Try to start service as a background process (using '&' )
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The way to start a "no hangup" background process is to use nohup in combination with the terminating ampersand.

Code: Select all

nohup command &
You can still use redirection operators, for example to capture stdout/stderr into a log file.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Capture more details from the SOAP client (user) who gets the error. What were they doing when they got the error? What did they send?...for example, a data item that caused the Job to abort, would result in a NO HANDLER error.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>