problem connect to server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

taufik
Participant

problem connect to server

Post by taufik »

Hi guys,

Im facing another problem here.
My designer was hang while I design my job, then I just kill it using task manager. When I try reconnect to server all I got is error message says that my user has no privilege to open designer (I use same user before the problem occur). I used to facing this problem, I just restart my server and things going well after I restart my server. But not this time, when I try reconnect to server, another error message was occur: Could not connect to server. I think the application server doesn't start yet, so I start the application server, and all I got is another error message:
>ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
>
>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)
> at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.run(WSLauncher.java:219)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)
>Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMU7704E: Failed while trying to start the Windows Service associated with server: server1;
>probable error executing WASService.exe: com.ibm.ws.management.tools.ProblemInWASServiceException: ADMU7711E: Unexpected exception associated with WASService.exe: exitCode = -1 during processing of server with name: server1
> at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WindowsService.doWASServiceAction(WindowsService.java:380)
> at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.execWithWinService(WsServerLauncher.java:157)
> at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerController.executeUtilityOnWindows(WsServerController.java:128)
> at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.main(WsServerLauncher.java:115)
> ... 7 more
>ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. startServer.log,

what I must suppose to do?? :cry:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's in the startServer log for the Application Server?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
taufik
Participant

Post by taufik »

nothing, its just pointing to another log file. This is what I read from SystemOut.log:

[9/4/08 14:15:29:391 ICT] 0000000a SystemOut O [org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR: Error getting Connection from DriverManager with url (jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/xmeta) and driver (com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver)
[9/4/08 14:15:29:391 ICT] 0000000a SystemOut O [ibm][db2][jcc][t4][2012][11248] Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Password expired.
[9/4/08 14:15:29:422 ICT] 0000000a SystemOut O 0 ERROR [Thread-1] basic.BasicPersistence - BasicPersistece initialize failed
com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.PersistentEObjectPersistenceException: com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.ObjectStorageException
at com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.impl.ojb.OjbPersistentEObjectPersistence.getBroker(OjbPersistentEObjectPersistence.java:178)
at com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.impl.ojb.OjbPersistentEObjectPersistenceRegistry.getBroker(OjbPersistentEObjectPersistenceRegistry.java:301)

I think this error trigger another error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think it is time to involve your official support provider. It will probably be faster than following a trail of interconnected log files through DSXchange and across the planet. Please post any findings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

It might be worth checking the users that are created by the install to see if they have expired passwords - xmeta in particular.
taufik wrote:nothing, its just pointing to another log file. This is what I read from SystemOut.log:

[9/4/08 14:15:29:391 ICT] 0000000a SystemOut O [org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR: Error getting Connection from DriverManager with url (jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/xmeta) and driver (com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver)
[9/4/08 14:15:29:391 ICT] 0000000a SystemOut O [ibm][db2][jcc][t4][2012][11248] Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Password expired.
[9/4/08 14:15:29:422 ICT] 0000000a SystemOut O 0 ERROR [Thread-1] basic.BasicPersistence - BasicPersistece initialize failed
com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.PersistentEObjectPersistenceException: com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.ObjectStorageException
at com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.impl.ojb.OjbPersistentEObjectPersistence.getBroker(OjbPersistentEObjectPersistence.java:178)
at com.ascential.xmeta.persistence.orm.impl.ojb.OjbPersistentEObjectPersistenceRegistry.getBroker(OjbPersistentEObjectPersistenceRegistry.java:301)

frescoflyer
Participant

Post by frescoflyer »

Hi,

Did you get a solution to the "Password expired" problem?

I am having the same problem and would appreciate some suggestions.

Many thanks,

Fresco
taufik wrote:nothing, its just pointing to another log file. This is what I read from SystemOut.log:

Elozm
Participant

Post by Elozm »

I had the same error, it indicates the xmeta account password has expired. You must set the password as never expires.

:wink: