DataStage Future

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Participant

DataStage Future

Post by 199542 »

Hi All ,
This forum helped me a lot in resolving many of my technical issues in datastage .

Now i want to ask a question not related to technical .

I have been working in datastage from the past 1.5 years . I want to move to US .I want to know how datastage future going to be . Now its a part of websphere and i heard that its going to be called as infosphere in future .Could anybody share their opinion on
1) how the demand for datastage professionals going to be in USA ?
2) what are the billing rates right now in US ?
3) How the future is going to be ??

Thank you all in advance .
gikjpjj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ask N one-armed economists* what the economic future of the US economy will be. You will, of course, get something of the order of 3N opinions.

Curiously, DataStage historically has fared well when times were tough - it's main growth was in the 1990s, when the world economy went through a slowdown. Businesses were investing in data warehouses and the like to try to run their businesses better.

On balance, I think the future is rosy for DataStage practitioners. Unless the US economy goes completely "down the gurgler".

* so they can't go "but on the other hand..."
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.