Using environment variables in ODBC Connector stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

santanu84
Participant

Using environment variables in ODBC Connector stage

Post by santanu84 »

I have worked in a parallel job where I have included some environmental veriables as the job parameters. Then in the job I have added one ODBC Connector stage.

Now in the connector stage we have options to include the environmental veriables instead of hardcoding them. So I included the environmental veriables.
But while testing the connection it fialed because of not finding the environmental veriables.

Can anyone please tell me how to include environment variables in the ODBC Connector stage????
Hi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Include the environment variables in your job design as job parameters (click the Add Environment Variable command button).

Insert the job parameter reference where required in your Connector.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
santanu84
Participant

Post by santanu84 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Include the environment variables in your job design as job parameters (click the Add Environment Variable command button).

Insert the job parameter reference where required in your Connector. ...
Ray .... we have tried the same in our job but it has not worked. The job has not run with those parameters. Our question is why it is not running? Is there any other option to do so? or this is the inability in datastage that though we include the environmental variables in the stage yet it will not run?

Reply.
Hi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Define what "has not worked" or "will not run" mean.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

The same thing as described by Santanu has happened in my job.

In ODBC COnnector stage in Properties in Connection option we need to give value in Data Source,Usename,password.
When we are giving hardcoded value and testing the connection it gives that Connection is fine.

But when we are inserting parameters over there it is not able to connect.It gives Connection is falied.

We give parameters by clicikng in that box where all job paramerts appear.
Is it not possible to parameterized this stage?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advence.
Shaonli
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It certainly should be. If that way doesn't work, it sounds like a bug to me and suggests that you should contact your official support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers