client and server connection Set up

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

virupakshagm
Participant

client and server connection Set up

Post by virupakshagm »

Hi,

How can i connect from datastage client to the datastage server as client is on one machine and the server is on another machine?

Please Suggest.....

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Virupaksha
Last edited by virupakshagm on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

You connect initially to IBM Information Server, by specifying the name of the machine where that server is installed and its port number (usually 9080). Your authentication (user ID and password) are processed by IBM Information Server. If successful, the client connection dialog's list of DataStage server/project combinations is populated, and you can select one of those, depending on the project to which you wish to connect.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
virupakshagm
Participant

Post by virupakshagm »

Hi Ray,

I tried with the User Name and Passward and the server name, with and without the Port number 9080. But i am getting the message like " The server is not responding"

Thanks,
Virupaksha
virupakshagm
Participant

Post by virupakshagm »

Hi Ray,

I am sure, i am using the correct user name, passward and the server name.

I can able to login in the same server machine.
go4it
Participant

Post by go4it »

Please do the following:

1. Check if your able to Telnet on to where the Server has been installed from the client machine.

2. Check if your able to connect to the "Web Console for IBM Information Server" should be the "http://<hostname>:9080/loginForm.jsp?displayForm=true"

3. Check if your userid has Data Stage credentials assigned.

If all the above is done, then your should be able to connect.

Best of luck.

M
With Regards
M
virupakshagm
Participant

Post by virupakshagm »

HI go4it,

I tried all those ways. But i could not able to connect to the server.

My doubt is How the client recognize the server with the port 9080. Is the set up is requried either in the server or client.

Thanks,
Viru