Updated auto-export script as per kDuke

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eldonp
Participant

Updated auto-export script as per kDuke

Post by eldonp »

Before our move to 8.0.1, we used the automatic export script from the honorable kDuke's website. This experly performed full exports of all the projects on our server and filed these beautifully in date-stamped folders.

After the upgrade, DataStage seems to take hours to do a full project export (seems to take hours on exporting the quality specifications, even though we have none.) Also, there were 1-or-2 problems with using kDuke's script as-is for version 8.

Just for more (useless) info, on version 7, Mr. Duke's scripts would do full exports of all 15 projects in less than 2 hours. Presently, performing a full project backup - while excluding "dependent items" - runs overnight for a single project.

I was wondering if there was some way to tell the dscmdexport.exe that we only want to export job designs, routines, table definitions and parameter sets.... and if there was an updated version of Mr. Duke's scripts for version 8?

For the last 6 or so months, I have suffered with manual exports.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you say "manual" do you mean from the Designer client, or from a DOS command shell? And is it faster than the auto-export script (and, if you have any inking, why)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I do not use V8 yet so I have not converted it. Maybe someone else has.
Mamu Kim
eldonp
Participant

Post by eldonp »

Ray:
By manual I mean using the Designer Client - as this gives us the ability to select only the components that we want to back up. We would be happy to use a script to do the same thing - that would mean that it can be automated again!