Transfer Data Dynamically

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

admiral1969
Participant

Transfer Data Dynamically

Post by admiral1969 »

I need to transfer every day near 200 tables from SQL SERVER to ORACLE incrementally.
For make the process automatically I need to create buffer table by parameter of table name with incremental data from SQL SERVER on ORACLE and then make DELETE-INSERT to the main table.
There is no problem execute SQL statement with SQLExecDirect on SQL SERVER, but how can I get the columns for creating a table on ORACLE with the same structure?
Thanx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not do this in a server job.

You could achieve it with routines that employ BCI functions (which mimic ODBC API functions).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Dont you have any date column in SQL server tables that identifies which rows are incremental?

for the rows that get deleted,, you can perform a periodical refresh of oracle table.

I would really be interested in knowing how those 200 tables can be refreshed in bulk (ie without using the above steps as suggested by me).