Monitoring of Datastage jobs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsmhr
Participant

Monitoring of Datastage jobs

Post by dsmhr »

I am new to the Datastage world. How do we integrate Datastage jobs with CA Unicenter so that we can monitor the health of jobs running in Datastage? For any errors encountered with Datastage jobs, alerts have to be generated. How do we achieve this ?
santhu
Participant

Post by santhu »

DataStage Director is the tool used in DataStage to monitor the process status.

If you trigger the DataStage sequence process through a scheduling tool like Autosys / Control-M, they will get the summary status i.e success / failure status from DataStage to Scheduling tool.

You can bring in standard sub process like sending email, updating the record count and other key detials in the database table as part of the monitoring process.

Hope this helps.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Presumably you use the command line interface (dsjob) from CA Unicenter to start your DataStage jobs. Use the -jobstatus option to have it report the job status when the job finishes, or later use the -jobinfo option to interrogate the job's status from the DataStage repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.