How to use config files in Datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Riku
Participant

How to use config files in Datastage

Post by Riku »

Friends,can any one give me ideas how to call config files in Datastage job.We already use job parameters on this issue but want to use config files for more easy mentainability.Please help.

We are using:

IBM Information Server-Server Job
Windows 2003 R2
Oracle 10g R2
Riku
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please be more specific about what you mean by "config" files.

For example you can have files (or tables) that describe order of execution, dependencies, parameter values, and lots of other things too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Riku
Participant

Post by Riku »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please be more specific about what you mean by "config" files.

For example you can have files (or tables) that describe order of execution, dependencies, parameter values, and lots of other things ...
Config file contains info like:
File name
db user name
db password ...etc
Riku
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So it's basically a list of job parameter values. How is each to be reconciled to a particular job parameter?

Do you have any in-house standards for parameter names in jobs, following the "one thing, one name" principle? Now is a good time to start. Think about other components that it would be wise to name in a conventional manner.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

Release 8 ? Please take a look at the documentation on Parameter Sets.