Data Stage Version Compatibility.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthik_j013
Participant

Data Stage Version Compatibility.

Post by karthik_j013 »

Hi,

Can anybody tell me that if I use Data Stage 7.5.2 .dsx file and import it in Data Stage 7.5.3 and vice versa will the jobs get affected?

Please let me know this ASAP.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Please do not ask for ASAP here, as it offends. DSXchange is an all-volunteer site; people post as and when they can. If you want urgent help sign up with your support provider for premium service and learn the true cost of "urgent" or "ASAP".

7.5.2 and 7.5.3 should be interchangeably compatible. As a general rule if the first two components match - as in 7.5 here - then there's compatibility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, they "should" be but don't get used to importing new versions into old versions. While you can always "upgrade" by importing older version jobs into a newer version installation, the reverse is not always true. As noted, you're only getting away with it in this context because there is only a minor number change between the two.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

General rules cannot be set, experience is the way to get more sure. We have 7.5 and 7.5.1 servers and 7.5 and 7.5.1 clients and we see lot of problems going cross those versions with clients.

Okay, I know, you can say: MOVE TO SAME VERSION, but sometimes I am not as mightyfull to demand it.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam