Problem in connecting to db2udb on AIX machine

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Problem in connecting to db2udb on AIX machine

Post by pradkumar »

Hi ,

websphere datastage and quality stage was installed on windows server 2003. DBA created a sample table in a new database db2udb on AIX machine and told me to check whether am i connecting to that database . he provided the information like instance name , database , table name, login,password ,port number and ip address... iam unable to connect to that database ..could anyone help me out how to connect ...

Thanks

Regards

Sree
Pradeep Kumar
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

read the manual and first try to access the DB2-Tables from the Windows 2003 server directly without DataStage. Use a client Installation on this Machine.

All detail can be found also in the Manual.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I guess, even before that, is to ask the question whether DB2 client software is installed on your DataStage server machine. It does need to be installed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
2ksaint
Participant

Does DB2 client software installed or not in the server

Post by 2ksaint »

check whether the DB2 client is installed, if not you will find the same issue.

Please reply as we would like to know whether its working so that we can implement the same