Datastage 7.5.2 installation on Windows Vista business editi

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j12
Participant

Datastage 7.5.2 installation on Windows Vista business editi

Post by kumar_j12 »

Hi all,

Does any one installed Datastage 7.5.2 server or client on Windows Vista business edition or ultimate edition.

Thks in advance

I am taking new dell laptop(4.1"") ,but they are providing the vista by default.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As far as I am aware no-one has succeeded in installing any version of DataStage on Vista. It's not a supported OS. You can request XP when you buy your Dell. Curiously they refuse to install Windows 2003 Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yddert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Datastage 7.5.2 installation on Windows Vista business e

Post by yddert »

To install DataStage on Vista, you have to logon as admin to your PC. By default, the adminstrtor is disabled on vista. First you have to enable administrtor then logon as admin and then install DataStage server normally. This should work. I have installede 7.5.2 server and client on my machine successfully.
2ksaint
Participant

Post by 2ksaint »

yddert, you mentioned that you had successfully installed datastage 7.5.2 client and server on windows vista.

If so, are you able to work on server as well as client in windows vista, as i saw all the messaged in this forum that states ds cannot be installed on windows vista and it will not work on vista.

If you are working either with server or parallel in windows vista, please let me know which os windows vista (buisnes,home) and do parallel jobs can be run.