Configurations ...

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

id4dstech
Participant

Configurations ...

Post by id4dstech »

Hi,

Please let me know, what are the different configurations which needs to be done manually, after the DataStage installation. (ie different .ini, .config, env files which needs to be updated for different connections).

We will be using ODBC Enterprise stage as the source & the Netezza Enterprise stage as the target.

E@: id4dstech@yahoo.co.in
Thanks,
BG.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First step - read the Plug-In Installation and Configuration Guide manual in your 'Docs' folder wherever you installed DataStage on your PC.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Configurations ...

Post by chulett »

id4dstech wrote:E@: id4dstech@yahoo.co.in
Umm... no. You ask in the forum and get answers in the forum, not via email. You can, however, configure the site to email you a notice when an answer is posted, hopefully you've done that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi,

Did you ever get this Netezza configuration resolved ? We just installed IS version 8.0.1 and I am trying connect to Netezza Server.

I installed the ODBC drivers provided by Netezza on the Server and created an entry odbc.ini and uvodbc.config file.

When I am trying to connect I am getting an error 'main_program: Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasourceServer and/or port attributes are empty'.

Server and port attibutes are not empty. I am successfully using the same connection information when I am accessing Netezza data through Cognos.

I appreciate help from any one who connected to Netezza successfully. We installed IS v8 on SuSi Linux v10.

Thanks,

Aruna.