Not able to view the jobs list under the job category

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phanipriya
Participant

Not able to view the jobs list under the job category

Post by phanipriya »

Hi All

I was not able to view the Jobs list under the Jobs category in Datastage Designer window.Even when a new category or job is created i am not able to see them under jobs category.Is there any option to hide the jobs list and review them?I need help regarding this issue.

Thanks in Advance

priya
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

Are you able to view the jobs in the tree when you do a "File/Open" (to open existing jobs) or when you create a new job and do a "File/Save"?
-V
phanipriya
Participant

Post by phanipriya »

VCInDSX wrote:Are you able to view the jobs in the tree when you do a "File/Open" (to open existing jobs) or when you create a new job and do a "File/Save"?

Hi

I am not able to view it when a "File/Open" is done or when a new job is created and saved.Just i am able to see Jobs and under it i am not able to view the list.I could only view the jobs list when i go for multiple job compile option in datastage manager.
phani
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

Just i am able to see Jobs and under it i am not able to view the list.
You mean, you are able to see a folder called "Jobs" but not the actual jobs that you have created......

Was this working before?
What are the changes that happened in the Server/Client? (Upgraded, Migration, Cleanup et al)???
Did you try to view the jobs or listing using command line?

I had a strange behavior after installing 8.0 client on a 7.5.2 client box and it turned out that the "Detailed Respository View" under the "View" menu in the designer client was checked. Unchecking it fixed it for me.

But I have seen a numerous other posts here where people had other reasons that caused similar issues. Most prominent suggestion is to use DS.REINDEX ALL. Do a search on DS.REINDEX ALL and also a search on disappear.

Thanks,
-V
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As noted, this is almost cetainly an issue of invalidated indexing in the Repository. Therefore the most likely cure is to gain exclusive access to the project and issue a DS.REINDEX ALL command therein.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.