Handling Packed PIC S9(7) COMP-3 field in CFF stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Handling Packed PIC S9(7) COMP-3 field in CFF stage

Post by poorna_76 »

I am using DataStage Server Version 7.5.1. on Windows. One of the FTP'd file from mainframe has one field as Packed PIC 9(10) COMP-3. When I use this file in the CFF Stage, CFF stage is not converting it and shows some incorrect value. I am using this field as BINARY (6) in the CFF stage.

I tried right-click on the Source Column row for that particular field and selected 'Edit Row' option and in the COBOL definition in the bottom selectded COMP-3 usage option. Still it is not working.

Can someone please let me know how to handle packed fields in CFF stage?
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

It sounds like your datatype is wrong to me. A PIC 9 would be an integer, not binary. In the subject you say PIC S9(7) which is a signed integer seven long. In the body you say PIC 9(10) which is an integer 10 digits long. You need to decide which it is and change the CFF layout accordingly.

John
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

ds_developer - this a COMP-3 type, so it is binary and packed.

poorna_76 - did you specify a binary FTP? If not, if would corrupt packed field contents.
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

My bad :oops: . I was focusing on the field the data would go into, not what it was in the file. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

John
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks

Post by poorna_76 »

I did a BINARY FTP and chose EBCDIC dataformat and it worked.

ArndW and ds_developer - Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.